10 Amazing Strategies For Better Time Management
Have you ever observed that there is something common among all of the most recognized and most successful personalities in the world?
It’s time management, a skill that can earn you a lot of success if mastered correctly.
So, were they born with this skill?
No! not at all.
They mastered it as they grew older.
Can you master this skill too?
Yes, of course, but that too only when you are determined to do so.
Furthermore, I will give you a simple yet, definitive guide on time management to help you through the process. The journey could be easy or difficult, depending upon your perception, and it will require constant effort.
It totally depends upon how bad you want it.
Time Management Definition
In simple words, time management is how efficiently you manage your time and how you make the most out of it.
A person who is an expert at this skill has full control over the activities that he performs.
Importance of Time Management
Further listed are some of the reasons why time management is necessary:-
- It maximizes your productivity.
- Efficiency maximizes.
- Make you much more disciplined.
- Help you to achieve your goals.
- Make you a better personality.
Further Listed Are 10 Proven Methods For A Better Time Management:-
Follow these time management tips by your heart, and I can assure you that your time management abilities will intensify.
1. Schedule the tasks
The first and foremost thing that you can do is scheduling and prioritizing tasks.
Whenever you wake up in the morning, write down all the tasks that you are supposed to carry out on that particular day, and rearrange them according to their priorities.
Further, carry out those tasks with full energy!
2. Use Deadlines For Better Time Management
Proper use of deadlines for each task could be a beneficial method too.
What you have to do is assign a time limit to each task that you are going to perform. Then, complete the work within that specified deadline while ensuring a good quality as well.
It might be a bit difficult in the beginning, as the quality of the work might get hampered. However, it will improve with time.
3. Follow The Getting Things Done Method
The GTD method by David Allen is well known to increase productivity and improve time management skills.
It can be summarized as follows:-
The method consists of five steps. Capture, Process, Organize, Review, and Engage.
- Capture is to retain the information outside the brain. What you have to do is to write or store every information or task that you come across during the whole day.
- Processing is to analyze if the task is actionable or not. If it is actionable, then move on and ask a further question, “Can it be completed in 2 minutes?”. If the answer is yes, finish the task right away, otherwise place it on a to-do list. However, if the item is non-actionable, store it somewhere or throw it.
- Organize everything into three categories by project, time, and context.
- Review means to recheck the items weekly and doing the changes if required.
- Engage means to start working with full enthusiasm.
4. Feel It Yourself
It is necessary to feel that you really want to manage time without wasting it. If you can’t realize it, you can’t stop wasting it.
Close your eyes, sit somewhere in your house, and realize how precious each moment is for you.
Always remember! Time waits for no one.
5. Distract Yourself From Distractions
If you get distracted from something, try to reduce the usage of those distractions. It would rely solely upon you if you honestly want to stay away from them. They will tempt you, but it’s your willpower that will have to get over those temptations.
6. Plan For Future
You can plan your week whenever you are on a holiday or Sundays. It will help you to save time on the most crucial working days. There will be no need to spare extra time for planning the whole day.
7. Forgive Yourself
Sometimes, our bad memories or the memories for which we regret could be a huge time consumer. It’s better to forgive yourself and move on. After all, we are humans, and it’s better to learn from mistakes than to feel guilty for them.
However, everything happens for a reason, and as Steve Jobs said:-“You cannot connect the dots moving forward. You can only connect them looking backward.“
8. Stop Procrastinating To Improve Time Management
Procrastination could be a huge factor when it comes to the mismanagement of time.
We all tend to delay tasks and waste our time. All you have to do is to stick to the schedule without procrastinating. It will require a lot of determination, but it will be worth it.
In case your brain wants to delay the task, and you are not able to prevent procrastination at all. Take a small break and get back to work. Just start it without thinking anything, and interest will develop.
9. Focus When It’s Work
An increased focus while doing work could help you achieve your deadlines. Those deadlines, when accomplished, will result in better management of time.
While doing work, try to avoid any interference, be it phone calls, emails, or messages, until it’s too urgent.
10. Plan Breaks In Your Schedule
It is the last and one of the most mandatory points.
We are all humans, and the human brain requires breaks at regular intervals.
There is no point in being unrealistic like I will work for 3 hours straight without any break. Instead, use regular relaxation sessions in between and enjoy them to the fullest. You will feel much relaxed, and your brain will get refreshed.
In summary, the key points are as follows:-
- Prepare schedules and follow them thoroughly.
- Use deadlines for every task.
- Follow the GTD (Getting Thing Done) formula.
- Realize the value of time.
- Prevent distractions.
- Future planning of schedules is necessary.
- Try to forget the past, move on, and forgive yourself.
- Don’t procrastinate.
- Improve your focus.
- Regular breaks are as important as your work.
There are endless ways that can help you improve your time management skill. It all comes down to you whether you want to work on it and improve it or keep making excuses.
I trust you, and I am 100% sure that you will do it.
Keep the hustle on!
SPREAD THE LOVE
I am the founder of Uprisehigh.com. I look after the overall aspects of the website, including content creation. I am a highly confident personality and visionary with public motivation, inspiration, guidance, and efficient problem-solving skills.