13 Tips For Dating a Busy Man: The Right Way To Do It!
Updated On: February 6, 2023
Do you feel that your relationship won’t last long because you are dating a busy man who can’t give you time? Read these 13 tips that can help it last forever!
Have you ever faced the situation that you called someone close to you, they didn’t pick up the phone, you expected a callback, but you never got one?
What did you do next? You called them again. They picked up the call and told you that they were BUSY, so they forgot to give you a callback.
It feels so disgusting, Right? It feels as if you are worthless and mostly ignored!
In short, things don’t generally work according to your expectations.
The bitter truth is:- The scenario mentioned above is what dating a busy man looks like! You call him, but he’s busy, so he doesn’t have time to talk. You plan a date night with him, but it mostly gets postponed.
So, Does it mean that dating a busy guy leads to a toxic relationship?
A BIG NO!
Dating a busy man could turn into the wonderful relationship that you always wanted. You can get the love, pamper, and care that you expect from your partner.
Being a busy man myself, who’s in a lovely relationship (since the past few years), I am pretty eligible to answer all your queries.
I can tell you exactly how we want to be treated so that we can shower you with the massive amount of love that’s hidden inside us.
Trust me. Treating a busy guy the right way could turn into the best relationship of your life.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started with this “dating a busy man guide.”
What to Expect When Dating a Busy Man?
Dating a busy guy isn’t easy as it seems!
It involves a lot of sacrifices from both sides. If there’s a lack of effort from any side, the relationship might become toxic and eventually fail.
Hence, before you move onto the tips, have a look at the positives and negatives of dating a busy man. They would give you an idea of what your relationship would look like in the future.
9 Bright Sides of Dating a Busy Man
- You’ll get a lot of personal space. He won’t keep you occupied over text messages or call.
- He will support you in achieving your dreams and won’t disturb you while working on them.
- He’ll value your time as much as he values his own time.
- Busy men are generally responsible. He’ll consider it his responsibility to protect you and take care of you.
- He’ll handle every situation maturely. Be it arguments between both of you, your mood swings, trauma, or anything else.
- He won’t ever leave you struggling in bad times.
- He would prefer to avoid entering into conflicts because they consume a lot of time and energy.
- He won’t waste time creating misconceptions about you. He’ll clear things up straight away.
- There would be no relationship obsession.
9 Dark Sides of Dating a Busy Man
- You’ll have to accept that his #1 priority would be you, his family, and his work. NOT ONLY YOU!
- You’ll have to fit yourself according to his schedule as he won’t always be available.
- He will take a lot of time to get comfortable upto the extent that he could start sharing his deep secrets with you.
- You’ll have to be patient while dealing with him. He might experience a lot of highs and lows.
- He’ll be stressed, frustrated, and anxious a lot of days. You’ll have to support him well at those moments.
- He can be inexpressive sometimes. You’ll have to make a few intelligent guesses to understand his feelings.
- He would require personal space more often because he would be busy figuring out his life.
- Busy people work in silence, making them fall in love with the silent atmosphere. So, he would be more of a listener than a speaker. In case of an argument between both of you, he might prefer to be silent, which could be sometimes frustrating for you.
- You’ll often find him lost in his own thoughts. When he does, he might suddenly stop listening to you.
If you accept both sides of the relationship happily, you are good to enter into a relationship with that guy.
13 Tips for Dating a Busy Man: How To Deal With A Guy Who is Always on the Go?
As you’re in a relationship with a busy man, it’s time for you to identify how to make your relationship bloom.
So, here are 13 tips you can apply to have a successful & everlasting love life. You can apply these dating tips even when you’re in a long-distance relationship with a busy man.
1. Understand Why He’s Busy.
Have you ever thought about why your partner works so much and what’s the need?
If you dig deep, you’ll get to know there are multiple reasons for him to work this way.
The reasons could be responsibilities, family expectations, goals, or anything else.
Among them, you’ll find a hidden motive that he wants a bright future for both of you, and he wants to have a happy family with you.
You need to realize that he’s working for the betterment of both of your lives. Once you do, you’ll be able to see your relationship in a positive light.
2. Make Adjustments According to His Schedule.
When you’re dating a busy man, it’s a wise choice to adjust the schedule as per his time considerations.
Don’t message him or call him when you know he’s busy.
Don’t be too rigid while planning things. For example, If he can’t afford to meet you on weekdays, opt for the weekend.
There will be times when he will have to postpone some events, such as date nights, movies, trips, or anything else.
I know it will hurt especially when you’re in a long-distance relationship. But, please don’t feel sad about it.
He wants to spend time with you as much as you do, but he’s just helpless.
Don’t have fights with him. Instead, comfort him that it’s okay.
3. Speak Up.
When you feel it’s been so long since you spent quality time with your partner and you’ve started losing your mind, it’s time to speak up.
Tell him how you feel. Express what’s going on within you. Ask him to spend more time with you.
You can also suggest a few ways he can fit you into his daily routine. For example, tell him to call you for a few minutes after the lunch break or when he’s just taking a break to relax.
Be calm and don’t lose control. Don’t just start yelling at him. Explain to him nicely that the relationship won’t work this way and you aren’t happy.
Try it out. He’ll surely understand.
4. Stay Occupied.
You know that your partner is busy. So, It’s time for you to get busy as well.
You can work towards your goals, enjoy your hobby, catch up with your old friends, or simply relax. Just do whatever you love.
It will help you get through the time with ease when your partner isn’t around. Further, you won’t feel alone and miss him as much as you do now.
Time will pass, and you won’t even notice.
5. Never Break His Trust.
Higher chances are that your partner is busy, so he won’t be asking you many questions related to “where are you going” or “who are you meeting.”
It is also because he blindly trusts you that you won’t ever betray him.
If you want your relationship to last forever, stay truthful and loyal to your partner. Because if you don’t, he’ll get to know the reality someday, and he won’t ever forgive you.
6. Don’t Over-Expect.
You already know your partner is too busy, so expecting a lot of effort from his side won’t be justice, Right?
If he can’t talk to you for hours and calls you for a few minutes, it’s okay. Just look at how he’s always available for you when you need him. How he takes care of you, provides you support, comforts you, and helps you out in challenging situations.
Never ignore multiple positives because of a single flaw.
7. Don’t Let Him Struggle Alone.
Working day and night isn’t easy, and it’s excruciating. You have to cut off from the world and focus on a single task.
Sometimes, in the process, a person starts to feel lonely. But don’t let your partner feel the same.
Be with him when he’s struggling. Make him realize that you are always there for him. Provide him with the support that he needs.
It will definitely strengthen your relationship.
8. Have the Best Time Together.
I know that both of you don’t meet often. But when you do, can’t you make every meeting memorable, even if it’s a short one?
Yes, You can!
Whenever you meet, make the best out of time. Enjoy each other’s company. Grab the opportunity to take him away from his work.
Don’t fight over small things. Instead, be happy. Do crazy stuff, laugh at silly things, click pictures, and enjoy life.
Quantity of time doesn’t matter. Quality does!
9. Surprise Him Often.
Everyone loves surprises! We love them, even more, when they are useful.
To make your partner realize that you support him in what he’s doing, surprise him with things that would be helpful for him.
For example, if he’s busy creating graphics, gift him a tool that could help him make the process simple and time-effective. Else, you can go with productivity or time-management planners as well.
10. Have Small But Quality Conversations.
Your partner is primarily short on time. So, it’s pretty evident that you get limited time to talk to him, Right?
Why not utilize the time to its fullest?
Whenever you talk to your partner, instead of telling him your daily routine that he already knows, directly hop onto the things you want him to know.
In simple words, declutter the shit.
11. Don’t Exaggerate Any Conflict.
Conflicts are regular in any relationship. But, when you are dating a busy man, they shouldn’t continue for long.
Whenever you have a conflict with your busy partner, try to solve it on the same day or within a few hours. Don’t hold onto it for long.
If there are any misunderstandings, clear them up right away.
If you hold onto a conflict for long, it might affect your partner’s work schedule and make him feel irritated. It’s something that we don’t want.
12. Be Expressive.
As I’ve told you earlier, busy men are mostly inexpressive. So, if you want him to open up well with you, make sure to open up yourself.
Share everything about yourself with him, for example, your past life, past relationships, and life problems. Tell him how much you love him and appreciate his positive characteristics.
Make him comfortable with you, and soon, you’ll see that he’ll start sharing himself and his feelings with you.
13. Take Him Out for a Break.
When you’re dating a busy man, he might not realize that he needs a break.
He’ll continue to work until he gets burnout.
In reality, those burnouts are incredibly frustrating and kill productivity. He might even go through severe mood swings, yell at you, feel anxious at night, or even go through sleepless nights.
It really becomes difficult for both partners to handle the situation.
So, all you need to do is prevent burnout before it happens. What you can do is take him out for a break, maybe a trip, so that he can relax. Make him do the things that he loves.
Just make sure that he’s totally isolated from his work.
How To Text a Busy Man?
1. Be a Partner, Not an Owner.
Ordering your busy boyfriend to do something isn’t a good idea. He may get annoyed by such pushy messages and get frustrated.
For example, it’s better to text: “Babe! Can we have a beautiful candlelight dinner this Friday night?😍”
Instead of texting: “We’re going out for dinner this Friday night. Be ready by 8’o clock.”
2. Keep Your Texts Short and Sweet.
Don’t send “long articles” as texts to a busy man as he won’t have much time to read them. Keep your messages short, crisp, and to the point.
Also, avoid flooding his message list with tens of messages. Send him limited texts and wait for his reply.
3. Let Your Texts Show that You Care.
Often sending texts that make your boyfriend feel loved and cared for isn’t a bad idea, Right?
For example, texting “Darling! I know you’re busy throughout the day at work, but please don’t forget to have your lunch🥰” after he goes to work would make him feel really special.
Just ensure you don’t spam him with such messages throughout the day. Keep it natural.
4. Send Him Heart-Touching Texts.
Sending heart-touching messages to your boyfriend every once in a while is an amazing way to keep the bond fresh and new. It even helps your love grow forever.
An example of such beautiful messages could be:
“Hey, Babe! Thank you for making each day of my life so joyful and special. I feel I’ve found the unicorn man I was always looking for. You are far beyond perfect, my darling💕.”
5. Send Him Pics.
Sending a few routine pictures to your boyfriend is a great idea to bring a smile to his face and make him feel close to you. The best part is that he might also start sharing his images with you in his free time.
Such a small gesture would surely improve the bond between both of you.
9 Deep & Meaningful Dating a Busy Man Quotes
1. You can either build with a busy man or babysit a broke one.
2. A real woman can handle a busy man. She’ll respect his hustle. And if he’s a real man, he’ll know how to make time for her.
3. Date a man who’s busy building his own empire, not who’s busy ruining the inherited one.
4. A busy man might not spend plenty of time with you. But he can spend plenty of “quality” time with you.
5. Falling in love with a busy man is easy, but it’s actually hard to make it grow.
6. Respect a man’s time, and he’ll respect yours.
7. If you don’t want a broke man, you’re gonna have to put up with a busy man.
8. Dating a busy man is like a throuple where the third partner is “his work.”
9. Dating a busy, purpose-driven, and responsible man is much better than dating a free, purposeless, and immature guy.
End of the Line
A relationship is a two-sided game involving similar efforts from both sides.
Despite being busy, if your partner is trying his best to balance the relationship, he wants the relationship to last forever. Once he gets bandwidth from his work, he’ll surely give you all the time that you need.
Till the time he gets free, just make a few adjustments, look at the positive sides of your relationship, and you’ll realize how perfect your relationship already is.
Let me know in the comments if the tips mentioned in the post helped you out on your relationship journey. Make sure to share it with your friends who are dating a busy partner as well.
I wish you a happy and peaceful love life!
| SPREAD THE LOVE
| WRITTEN BY
Hi! I am Varun. I created Uprisehigh for you to share your life story & get answers to all your life problems. As your best friend, I'm committed to inspire you, simplify your life, and help you grow. Let's stick together on this beautiful life journey, mate!
| YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Hey VF. Everything you have said It’s all true and I am a testimony to all. Yes his busy n yes he get time to call n text me when his not tight. I agree I was almost losing it buh wen I found your article everything was brightly clear to me n now I do understand. I really do love him n I am willing to go milestone. Thank you.
Thank you so much for sharing. I have bookmarked the same… how much ever I understand with all maturity, there are moments when I long for his connect and bond(time)
And at that time I mess up everything. I feel bad for whatever I said over texts… need to put a control on that part… otherwise all is well !!!
Thank you for this article. I am really struggling because I’m involved with an over the top busy man. I’ve fallen for this man and I am so supportive when all of your above issues come up. But, it is taking its toll on me. Any more advice you can give me would be great. I want this relationship to continue, but don’t know if I can keep up.
May I know the issue that’s affecting you the most?
This was really helpful 🥰🥰 thank you so much
Thank you so much for your article it made me understand a lot , but the issue for me is that he’s not putting his effort too, he’s not willing to spend “quality” time with me(his ldr girlfriend) and i feel like he’s prioritizing everything else before me which hurts me and makes me feel alone in some way. Looking forward for some advices, thank you!
Thanks for your comment. I am glad I could contribute to your perception.
Moving onto your problem, I had a few questions:
1. How did you get to know (or start feeling) that he prioritizes everything above you? Like, are there any specific incidents?
2. What are those things that are always his priorities?
3. How often does he reach out to you by himself?
4. Have you ever had a conversation with him regarding this matter?
1+2. Studying i understand because that’s his future and i support him in doing that ,but he goes out with his friends which is okay if we also do virtual dates but he hasn’t agreed to it for months saying he’s busy studying for college. He told me he has watched anime in his free time so how can i not feel sad when he could’ve spend it with me too because we both have different timezones and have to study we get so much little « quality » time.
3. I dont know but usually like one/two hours all day like replying to each other after few minutes or even hours (even tho we are both awake) , i wouldn’t mind it to be only one hour but at least I’d like for it to be just the two of us enjoy time together.
4. Yes i have and he says that i should endure it and that i should be just happy with him just being there and stop arguing when i simply just express how his actions affect my feelings .
Thanks for listening !
Got it! Actually I meant in the third question – “Does he initiate conversations by himself or are you the only one always reaching out to him?”
Also, looking at the 4th point, It feels like he’s dominating in nature. Am I correct?
If so, has he been dominating since the start of the relationship or the things have taken a wrong direction nowadays only?
To clarify the third question : he rarely intiates conversations it’s been only me lately so i decided to stop doing it often but it feels like we’re just growing apart.
About the 4th question no to be honest he’s never been a dominant one he is the type to depend on that someone and be clingy with that person but now that has changed and I don’t think it’s only because of starting university.
What I’ve concluded from our short conversation is that the guy is unfortunately losing interest in you. The way he tells you to “endure him” and “be happy because he’s there for you” is extremely rude. This doesn’t happen in healthy relationships. It seems like he doesn’t value you and thinks that he’s the only one necessary for you and your living.
In my opinion, if you’re willing to hold onto the relationship, you will have to make him realize your worth so that he starts feeling that you’re crucial for him too!
Please let me know if there’s something else you require help with.