Do you feel you’re always too harsh on yourself?
If so, you’re not alone!
Self-care and self-love are essential for our overall well-being and happiness. However, In a world that often demands so much, it’s easy to forget the importance of being gentle with yourself.
So, what to do in such situations?
Just keep coming back to this post, where I’ve compiled a list of 70 incredible “be kind to yourself quotes” that will remind you to step back and practice self-compassion.
So, take a moment to relax, scroll through the list, and find the quote that speaks to you.
70 Irresistible Be Kind to Yourself Quotes to Practice Daily Self-Care
1. Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.
2. Be nice to yourself… It’s hard to be happy when someone is mean to you all the time.~ Christine Arylo
3. Be kind to your body, gentle with your mind, and patient with your heart. Stay true to your spirit, cherish your soul and never doubt yourself. You are still becoming, my love, and there is no one more deserving of the nurturing grace of your love.~ Becca Lee
4. Kindness is in vogue. Be kind to yourself.~ Wesam Fawzi
5. Screaming at yourself each day makes you distant from yourself. Being kind to yourself is what brings you and your true self together.
6. Today, make yourself a priority and treat yourself accordingly.~ Germany Kent
7. Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.~ Louise Hay
8. We can weather disappointment in ourselves better if we act kindly towards ourselves.~ Gina Simmons Schneider
9. Nurturing your self-compassion is anti-oppression work within yourself.~ Joy Donnell
10. Self-compassion is not self-indulgence, it’s self-care.
11. Drop the people who do not value you, respect you. Life has infinite horizons. Accept yourself, love yourself, and move forward.~ Amit Ray
12. Your inner child is waiting for a genuine, heartfelt apology.~ Yong Kang Chan
13. Be kind to yourself this evening. Buy something for yourself. Treat yourself to a meal. Look in the mirror and give yourself a smile.~ Yoko Ono
14. You will never speak to anyone more than yourself in your head, be kind to yourself.
15. You aren’t a robot, Right? Then stop treating yourself like one! Be kind to yourself.
16. When you look in the mirror, smile at your own kindness.~ Richelle E. Goodrich
17. I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.~ Brene Brown
18. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.~ Nhat Hanh
19. Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.~ Zoe Kravitz
20. Every day is a new opportunity to be a little kinder to yourself.
21. I am aware that you worry about many things that you can’t control. There’s so much we would like to have but we cannot really hold. You have to be kind to yourself. You have to be kind to yourself.~ Zooey Deschanel
22. Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.~ Hannah Bronfman
23. Be kind to yourself so that you can be happy enough to be kind to the world.~ Misha Collins
24. I owe my biggest apology to myself for not understanding myself. But now I realized so I started loving and caring myself.~ Polymath
25. You’re your best friend! Stop treating yourself like you wouldn’t even treat an enemy.
26. Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.~ Deborah Day
27. Have the courage to love yourself like you always wished someone would.~ Vironika Tugaleva
28. The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.~ Mark Twain
29. Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very very hard on you.~ Srividya Srinivasan
30. Be kind to yourself. You deserve to be treated with the same compassion and understanding you give to others.
31. Be kind to yourself. There are already a lot of people doing the favor of being unkind to you.~ Gunamathi Kumaran
32. I hope you find enough strength to forgive yourself for not being who you could have been if you hadn’t gone through what you went through.~Kef Amaya
33. When you have enough self-compassion, you don’t need any external validation.~ Rajani
34. When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.~ Sanober Khan
35. Self-compassion is not self-pity. It’s being kind to yourself when you need it most.
36. Reasons to love yourself:
for you are You. There’s not a single being on earth that’s exactly like you.~ Kriti
for all the battles you fought through, and chose to never give up on life.
for if not you, who else will?
37. Be a loyal friend and best lover of yourself first. Friendship and love with naturally find you.~ Trupti
38. At the end of the day, all that matters is what all good we can do for ourselves without hurting others feelings.~ Jocelyn Heavens
39. Be kind to yourself, dear – to our innocent follies.~ Rumi
Forget any sounds or touch you knew that did not help you dance.
You will come to see that all evolves us.
40. Be patient and compassionate with yourself, for even the strongest oak tree was once a tiny acorn, struggling to grow.
41. Be kind to yourself as you proceed along this journey. This kindness, in itself, is a means of awakening the spark of love within you and helping others to discover that spark within themselves.~ Tsoknyi Rinpoche
42. Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.~ Pema Chödron
43. Just because you take breaks doesn’t mean you’re broken.~ Curtis Tyrone Jones
44. Learn to be kind to yourself. Let your mind free, close your eyes, breathe deeply and remain calm. Life is majestic and meaningful enough.~ Shaa Zainol
45. Be gentle with yourself. Remember, self-care is not a luxury, it’s a necessity for your overall well-being.
46. You find a use for everything. Yet you discard yourself at every opportunity.~ Amanda Cox
47. Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
48. The greatest rebellion is loving yourself in a world trying to sabotage your light.~ Nikki Rowe
49. The first rule of kindness is to be kind to yourself.
50. Be gentle with yourself. Learn to silence the inner critic and replace it with self-encouragement and self-appreciation.
51. Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.~ Lalah Delia
52. Life is too short to spend another day at war with yourself.~ Rita Ghatourey
53. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy.~ Kim McMillen
54. In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.~ Andrea Dykstra
55. It’s okay to not be okay. Just remember to be kind to yourself while you’re healing.
56. Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.~ Beyonce
57. Compassion for self and others may very well be the answer to healing our hurt, hate-filled world.~ Laura Jack
58. Be gentle with yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
59. Unless we love and treat ourselves well, we are ill-equipped to do the same for others.~ Angela C. Santomero
60. Be kind to yourself in the present because your past doesn’t define your future.
61. We must fall in love with ourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.~ Mae West
62. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.~ Buddha
63. All people deserve your kindness, but none more so than you.~ Justin Kan
64. Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.~ Christopher Germer
65. Be kind to yourself. You are the only you, cherish and celebrate your individuality.
66. This is a moment of suffering. Suffering is part of life. May I be kind to myself in this moment. May I give myself the compassion I need.~ Kristin Neff
67. We must be our own before we can be another’s.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
68. Love yourself and everything else falls in line.~ Lucille Ball
69. Negative self-talk costs more than even the richest person can afford. So be nice to yourself whenever possible and know that it is always possible.~ Dough Pedersen
70. Be kind to yourself. You deserve to be happy and healthy, mentally and physically.
Why Should You Be Kind To Yourself?
Here are five reasons you should be kind to yourself:
1. It Improves Your Overall Well-Being.
Research shows that when you are kind to yourself, you are less likely to experience symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress. Further, self-compassion is associated with greater life satisfaction and happiness.
2. It Makes You More Empathetic.
When you’re kind to yourself, you’re more likely to be kind to others.
Self-love fosters empathy because it makes us see ourselves in a positive light. When we feel good about ourselves, we’re more likely to be sympathetic and supportive of others.
3. It Makes You More Productive.
When you’re kind to yourself, you’re more likely to take the time to focus on your goals.
Self-love leads to a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, which makes you more productive. When you’re happy and fulfilled, you’re more likely to be motivated to achieve your goals.
4. It Can Help You Cope With Difficult Situations.
It can be easy to fall into the trap of negative self-talk when going through challenging times. However, when you practice self-compassion, you are more likely to be able to put things in perspective and find the strength to move forward.
5. You Become More Forgiving.
Practicing self-compassion can help you to be more forgiving of yourself and others.
When we are kind to ourselves, we are less likely to hold onto grudges and resentments, which can cause negative emotions and lead to unhealthy behavior.
End of the Line
In conclusion, practicing self-compassion and being kind to yourself is essential to living the best life.
The 70 be kind to yourself quotes in this post are a perfect reminder that you’re doing the best you can, so you must be gentle with yourself.
Remember to be your own best friend. And don’t be afraid to treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion you would show to a loved one.
Take these quotes to heart and make them a part of your daily routine, and you’ll be on your way to a happier and more fulfilling life.
I hope you have a beautiful life ahead, mate!
See you in the next post.