Hey, warrior! Has life knocked you down, and you’ve hit the rock bottom?
Don’t worry! We all go through such moments at one point or another in life.
But do you know what sets successful people apart from the rest? It’s their ability to get up and fight back.
So, my question is:
- Are you a loser or a winner?
- Will you let your setback define you, or will you get back up, dust yourself off, and keep pushing forward?
As you’re here, I’m pretty sure you would choose the latter option!
So, to make your journey even better, I’ve compiled a list of the top 77 pick yourself up quotes that will inspire and motivate you to keep pushing forward, no matter what life throws your way.
Let’s dive in and get inspired!
Feeling Down? These 77 Pick Yourself Up Quotes Will Give You the Motivation You Need
1. Pick yourself up when you’re feeling down. No one else is likely to.~ Catherine De Vrye
2. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again.~ Dorothy Fields
3. I’m inspired by failure. The process of defeat – picking yourself back up again is the hardest thing in the world.~ Lolo Jones
4. To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up, and move on.~ Dave Pelzer
5. Don’t wait for someone else to rescue you. You are your own hero, and you have the power to pick yourself up and soar.
6. Life is full of challenges, but it’s also full of opportunities. Pick yourself up and seize the day.
7. You should never be afraid to fall. Just be sure you have the strength to pick yourself back up. That’s the important part.
8. Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.~ Mary Holloway
9. Everyone gets heartbroken; it’s part of life. It’s how you pick yourself up that matters.~ Kenneth Madu
10. The greatest strength you can possess is the ability to pick yourself up and keep going, even when everything seems to be against you.
11. Things don’t always work out the way we hope. You just have to pick yourself up and find a new direction to go in.~ Joelle Charbonneau
12. Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got this~ Chantal Sutherland
13. The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself.~ Jordan Belfort
14. Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip-toe if you must, but take the step.~ Naeem Callaway
15. When you get pushed down, you pick yourself and move on. I’ve never been a victim.~ Sharon Osbourne
16. Chase your dreams until you catch them…and then dream, catch, and dream again!~ Dee Marie
17. Pick yourself up. You only get one life. Go for it!~ Richard E. Grant
18. My biggest regret is rolling in regret. It is best to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on.~ Andie MacDowell
19. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.~ Margaret Thatcher
20. No one knows your struggles better than you do. So pick yourself up and keep fighting, knowing you can overcome anything.
21. It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.~ Jillian Michaels
22. Rekindling hope, engaging in inner work, and venturing into the world amount to a complete plan for picking yourself up when you’re down.
23. If you can live with the ups and downs, pick yourself up every morning, then there’s nothing more gratifying.~ Rick Welts
24. Fail, pick yourself up, and fail again. Because what’s success without struggles?
25. The road to success is paved with setbacks and failures. But each time you pick yourself up, you’re one step closer to your dreams.
26. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.~ Sam Levenson
27. When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.~ Les Brown
28. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.~ Nelson Mandela
29. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.~ Vince Lombardi
30. It’s easy to get knocked down in life, but it takes courage and strength to pick yourself up and keep moving forward.
31. You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.~ C.S. Lewis
32. The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.~ Alan Watts
33. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.~ Charles R. Swindoll
34. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.~ Henry Ford
35. The most inspiring stories are not of those who never fell, but of those who picked themselves up and triumphed against all odds.
36. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.~ Jennifer Lee
37. We all fall off the wagon. it’s only one day; it’s not the rest of your life. Pick yourself up and go again.~ Nikki Sixx
38. Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.~ Aisha Tyler
39. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.~ Jimmy Johnson
40. Your struggles today are the foundation for your strength tomorrow. So pick yourself up and keep building.
41. Doors will slam in your face. You must pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and knock again; it’s the only way to achieve your goals in life.~ Michael Uslan
42. Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire.~ Reggie Leach
43. No matter how much it hurts inside, you’ve got to pick yourself up and get on with your life.~ Steven Aitchison
44. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
45. Remember, you are never too broken to be fixed. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and let your inner light shine.
46. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.~ Jimmy Dean
47. If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.~ Martin Luther King Jr.
48. I never dreamt of success. I worked for it.~ Estée Lauder
49. Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.~ Winston Churchill
50. When the world tries to bring you down, remember that you have the power to rise above it. So pick yourself up, stand tall, and let your spirit soar.
51. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.~ Zig Ziglar
52. If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.~ Jesse Jackson
53. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
54. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’~ Mary Anne Radmacher
55. When life knocks you down, don’t stay down. Get back up, face the challenge, and show the world what you’re made of.
56. When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.
57. To be a winner is to be willing to fall several times and pick yourself up each time.
58. I know you grieve. I know your mind has turned against you, and I understand why. But many of us are grieving, and there’s more sorrow on the horizon, so I need you-we need you-to pick up the pieces of yourself and fight~ Claire Legrand
59. Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.~ Lance Armstrong
60. The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.~ Swami Sivananda
61. We all fall but that’s not what matters. What matters is picking yourself up again.~ Patrick Ness
62. You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.~ Richelle E. Goodrich
63. You will fall many times in life, but you will pick yourself up and become stronger and wiser for each trouble you pass.~ Leon Brown
64. In life, you can blame a lot of people and you can wallow in self-pity or you can pick yourself up and say listen, I have to be responsible for myself.~ Howard Schultz
65. In times of darkness, find the light within yourself. You are a beacon of hope and resilience.
66. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.~ Oprah Winfrey
67. We all fall to the floor at some point. It’s how you pick yourself up that’s the real challenge. Isn’t it?~ Madonna Ciccone
68. If I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, it stands to reason that I’m going to get there.~ Rachel Joyce
69. Love what you do. Believe in your instincts. And you’d better be able to pick yourself up and brush yourself off every day.~ Mario Andretti
70. The greatest battles are fought within yourself. So when you feel defeated, pick yourself up, face your inner demons, and let your strength be your weapon.
71. Persist. Even when you’re heavy with emotion, pick yourself up bringing the axe of your actions down, repeatedly chopping at the day until you bring the sun low with success.~ Curtis Tyrone Jones
72. Fall seven times, stand up eight.~ Japanese Proverb
73. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.~ Vince Lombardi
74. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.~ Maya Angelou
75. Your dreams are worth fighting for, so don’t give up. Fight back against the odds, the naysayers, and the doubters, and let your dreams become your reality.
76. Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.~ Charles F. Kettering
77. Literally falling on the ice and having to pick yourself up in front of thousands of people is not an easy thing to do. The thing that you learn is to pick yourself back up, to learn from your mistakes.~ Michelle Kwan
End of the Line
Setbacks and challenges are inevitable in life. But how you respond to them makes all the difference.
The pick yourself up quotes I shared are more than just words on a page; they’re a powerful reminder that you have the inner strength and resilience to overcome anything that comes your way.
So, take these words to heart, and never forget that you can bounce back stronger than ever.
Remember, success is not about never falling; it’s about getting back up every time you do. So, keep pushing forward, and never give up on yourself or your dreams.
You’ve got this, mate!